Thursday 3 October 2013

My Production Team

After planning our film ideas, we were then put into the teams that we were going to work with based on our pitches of the ideas, and also depending on who we all voted that we would most like to work with.
This was done through pitching our film ideas to the rest of the group and Mr Hood, so that the rest of the group could get an idea of who they wanted to work with and Mr hood could get an idea of which people would work best together. We then each privately put in order who we would most like to work with, 1 being most want to work with, 5 being least. Mr Hood was the only person who saw these votes, and it helped him to decide the groups for the rest of the year.
After taking the pitches and the votes in to consideration, I found out that I was in a group with Connor Smith and Ryan Bickley.
Connor's blog:
Ryan's blog:

I'm happy with the group I'm in. I feel we all have different strengths, which can contribute to a good film and to good coursework  I feel that my strengths lie in written coursework, but I also feel I can handle the filming side of things well, and can operate camera equipment effectively. Ryan has a brilliant work ethic, and can handle the coursework, filming, and editing equally well, and he takes time in making sure that work is to a high standard. Connor is very creative, and is also good at working in a team. We all have very different but useful skills to bring to our group, which should reflect upon our finished product.

The name of production team is 'REC'. We unanimously decided on this as the first letters of our names spell out REC, and it also doubles a shortened term for 'record', a word that features heavily in media, especially in media production.

This could be an example of our production team logo:


The next logical step would be to consider which film idea we are using for our final product.